11.20.2008

Gypsy!

Last night, Ula and I went to see Gypsy starring Patty LuPone, who won the Tony this year for her performance. (We got tickets through Leezie). Though it's a Broadway classic, I'd never seen it, so I was eager to check it out. Patty was amazing as Mama Rose and I loved Laura Benanti as Gypsy Rose (Louise). She really transformed herself from a dowdy tomboy to a glamour girl by the end and her voice is beautiful. I was completely enthralled and did not snooze once even though it was a longer show and I've been going on an average of five hours of sleep a night. Someone likes to get up at 3 or 4 a.m. these days...and I haven't learned to go to bed earlier!

It was a nice night out for me, as I had a meeting beforehand in midtown and then visited Leezie and Tracy at their office before hitting the theatre. Where was little E, you ask? Being tended to with great love by his aunts UlaBec. I don't think they needed the earplugs this time around. Phew! I'm so lucky to such have capable babysitters on retainer...

No comments: