4.04.2010

Easter and more spring fun



We hosted a fun Easter dinner today for 8 (plus Eamon). Was so great to have my parents, Bec and Ula, and Anna and Tom here to pig out and relax! Mark and I teamed up to make pork loin with an orange marmalade glaze, cauliflower au gratin, sweet potatoes with almonds, cornbread caserole, panzanella (that's asparagus, peas, basil, shallots and other good stuff), and a green salad. Bec made some delish "vegan" brownies (I use that term lightly because while there were no eggs in this dessert, there was, I think, some sort of milk in there via the chocolate! I was happy she didn't choose to use carob...), and my Dad made his classic fruit salad. It was such an easy, stress-free and beautiful day, started off with Easter egg dying with Eamon (lots of oohs and ahhs, and fortunately no spills!) and capped off with some of the Yankees home opener. Wish we could do this every weekend...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

eileen said...

Wow, that menu sounds and looks great!