8.24.2010

And the birthday celebration continues...
















As my Dad always jokes, birthdays to me do not constitute just one day, but more like a month! And the same applies to Master Eamon, who had not one but FOUR celebrations to mark his second year. We partied at the beach, at Sesame Place, at Leezie's house with ice cream cake, at finally at the Farm on Sunday with 40+ of our family members and friends. What can I say...I seize every opportunity for a good time!

Sissy and I decided to do a joint party for our August babies (Sophie and Lucy turn four today!) and what is a birthday without a bounce house, pinata, dozens of cupcakes, an impressive spread (thanks to Sissy and Stella!) and gallons of ice cream? I was laughing thinking about what Grandpop would say about this colorful contraption being inflated on his field. I have to think that he and Grandmommy might have taken a few jumps themselves on it with their eight great-grandchildren who were in attendance (we were just missing Avery...)! Of course, the ubiquitous chair circle and badminton sets were up, too, making it a traditional Farm affair...with a twist--and a bounce.

I was so happy to be able to spend time with everyone from my college roommates Michelle and Erica (and their husbands and sweet little girls!) to the Kennys to the Kobilinskys to the Flynns and of course all of the extended O'Connell clan. We all had a great time...especially the little ones! It's touching to see the next generation of cousins bond and play just like we all used to do (and still do...).

Here are many, many more photos of the day. Thanks to everyone for making it such a fun one!

Eamon, Sophie and Lucy's party



No comments: