3.18.2012

Fast Times at Rutherford High

We kicked off St. Paddy's Day with a morning in Rutherford, NJ, for a 5K run. I had the best support crew in Mark, Eamon, and Nora, and ran extra fast so they could see me WIN my first 5K road race in who knows how long. Ever? Granted, it was a low-key race, but a few months ago, I wouldn't have placed in the top 5. I've been training hard for my upcoming half-marathon and am so happy to see my times coming down to what I used to run in high school and college. Plus, I was less than a week removed from a pretty hard 20K race/training run last Sunday, so I didn't expect much out of my legs. The fact that I hit my goal time on the nose--19:45--on a hilly course means that I can quite possibly dip into the low 19s with more training and a faster course. My lifetime goal has always been to run an 18-something 5K and I haven't given up on that...yet! Maybe 2012 will be the year.

No comments: