10.14.2014

Resurrection

I'm baaaack.

It's been a while.

Things have changed.

Kids are growing, vocabularies are expanding, homework is a thing now.

But I don't want Eamon, Nora, and Nell to one day find this blog and think that all of a sudden I grew disinterested in them or had nothing new to report. It's just the opposite, of course. Every single hour is filled to maximum capacity leaving me little time to do anything else but work and collapse into a heap at the end of the very long day.

Yet I want to remember this time. To sanctify it. To put it in a vault where it will remain, in like-new condition, for eternity. To record their little phrases, sayings. The way Nellie responds to nearly every request with an enthusiastic "Otay!" The way Nora slips into my side of the bed in the mornings to "snuggle in," folding her little body into mine for 30 blissful moments before the chaos begins. The way Eamon zips through his math work faster than I can even process the problems (clearly his Daddy's son). Or how he sends me sweet texts and leaves notes on my phone like "EAMON IS CRAZY COOL."

There's so much. So much fun. So much that drives me absolutely crazy. So much whizzing by at a pace I just can't keep up with. So, so much love.

Eamon, Nora, and Nellie, if you are reading this in the future and you want to know why Mommy just stopped writing updates and posts about you at some point in 2014, know that it was because I was having way too good of a time with you to sit down and actually write about it. (Oh, and there's this little thing called Instagram that kind of took over for a while...). But I do love writing about each of you. And our conventional, crazy, chaotic life. So I promise I'll try again, starting now.

You guys are just too cool not to document. 





2 comments:

Becky Wexler said...

Great post! I can feel the love. Glad you're "back."

Sarah said...

Hi Becky! I think you're the only one who's discovered my reappearance so far. All of my other followers (all 3 of them) have probably given up on me long ago!