11.05.2005

One Week Anniversary!




Mark and I have been married officially for one week! Unfortunately, the real honeymoon has yet to begin as we've been working since we got back from our wonderful wedding. Mark has been putting in long hours at the office and I've been running (well, not literally, but I kinda feel like I've already run a marathon) around for the ING NYC Marathon, which kicks off tomorrow at 10:10 a.m. In fact, I'm boarding a bus in just about six hours (4 a.m.!) to head out to Staten Island, where I'll be working at the race's start in Fort Wadsworth, just before the Verrazano Bridge. I'm contemplating whether to go to sleep now or just stay up until 3:30 when I have to go out and find a taxi to take me to the NYC Public Library where the bus is is picking us up. I attempted to induce a food coma with a delicious "anniversary" dinner at an adorable French restaurant called AOC L'aile ou la Cuisse on the corner of Bleecker and Grove Streets. Mark had lamb, I had an endive salad with roquefort cheese, walnuts, and grapes, and mashed potatoes. We sat outside--without any heaters---and I barely even shivered! We highly recommend the place to anyone and hope to take many future visitors there!

Here are some pics we took on the way home---including a stop at the car parked a couple blocks away. It gives us some comfort to check on the car every once in a while, to make sure it's still there because in this city you never know! We'll be back tomorrow with a marathon recap!

No comments: