12.29.2005

A Rainy Day in New York



I hear New York is beautiful when it snows. Little would I know, as so far this winter has brought only a few inches of the white stuff. (And besides, it snowed overnight and had all but melted by the time I woke up, so that doesn't really count...). One might think that any precipitation that falls here in late December would be at least freezing rain, but today it's raining. A lot. And I forgot my umbrella, so when I exited the subway at 86th and Lexington, I received my second shower of the day. Good thing my office is only a few blocks away...

Rotten weather aside, today should be a good day. I am pretty busy at work and tonight we're meeting up with the Flynns again (last night, we had a lovely prix fixe dinner at
Artepasta and then walked over to Washington Square Park and back). We're going to Chumley's, a onetime speakeasy in the Village with a working fireplace and lots of history. Afterwards, we're going over to Bec's for dessert, which I'm sure will be a delicious treat--both the dessert and the hospitality. Mark and I wanted to make sure that his family saw our apartment first so that they didn't have such lofty expectations of NYC spaces after visiting Bec and John's place!

I'll try to take--and post--some pictures of the night.

No comments: