12.28.2005

Savor that bliss...


I just got an email from theknot.com indicating that we've been married for 60 days. While I usually don't keep track of these kinds of facts or figures, I was still happy with the pleasant little greeting, and noted the knot's advice on "savoring the newlywed bliss." Actually, their advice wasn't really groundbreaking (communicate, compromise, blah, blah, blah), but it made me think about different ways in which Mark and I can continue to be happy long after our "special day" (hah hah).

To begin with, we (okay, I, but Mark will hopefully join the club) have committed to getting out there and exploring the city more. We've finally settled into a nice routine--work, hitting our
new gym, dinner around 10, sleep by 12--neither of us want our lives to be, well, routine. So hopefully the many flavors this city has to offer will spice things up! And instead of wistfully thinking "...wouldn't that be cool...", I'm finally seriously considering checking out the various gallery, live music, and exhibit listings in Time Out New York and New York magazines. Certainly took long enough, I know, but hey--we've been a bit preoccupied!

The bliss factor can also be boosted by visitors. This week, Mark's parents and sisters are in town, so we're planning to hit a few spots with them (sadly, this all has to occur in the post-work hours since Mark and I are on the clock this week). I've been having fun coming up with a list of "must-see", but under-the-radar sites in NYC. (Note: if you're reading this and haven't visited us yet, whatcha waiting for? The eggplant couch is ready and waiting for you!)

Of course, the holidays are always blissful, so the concern to savor our wedding day happiness is pretty non-existent right now. And who knows, maybe all of the warm and fuzzy feelings will stick around for good. But it's good to be prepared, right?

No comments: