9.01.2006

Hello From Bussingy

I am writing this standing in front of a giant red internet machine, logging on after popping in ten swiss francs. I dont't have a converter with me (didn't need one in London...) so my laptop is no help here. We are having a fabulous time. Lausanne is about seven miles away from here, about the eqivalent of Arlington to DC, so we rented a car and have been driving allover. The only scary thing about that are the mega hills in Lausanne....think San Francisco but more narrow. My stick shift skills are definitely being put to the test.

Lausanne has transformed into a mini Olympic village for the weekend, with athletes from allover the world strolling down the streets decked out in their national colors. Tomorrow the age groupers race and on Sunday, it's Bec and the rest of the elites...I got my press pass this afternoon and will be covering both days. Should be very exciting. The course is challenging but the setting is amazing. It is like a resort town, with the most stunning panoramic views of Lake Geneva and the Alps.

We have experienced a lot of funny-calamitous moments here...but everything is working out perfectly.

Happy Birthday to Bec and ula...we will be doing to real celebrating after the race on Sunday night.

More tomorrow.

No comments: