11.19.2007

weekend recap

We just enjoyed our first non-moving, relatively stress-free weekend as Hoboken residents. The apartment is looking better by the day, and we're down to just a few more boxes! The small-town vibe is really growing on me--it's a much more neighborhood-y feel, and I love seeing all of the mom and pop shops, delis, and bakeries that still seem to be thriving despite all of the fancy chain stores that are popping up in the southern part of the town ("SoHo" as Patty deemed it).

We ventured out to my most unfavorite part of the world, Secaucus, to pick up Mark's new TV--his very first flatscreen! It took us a few extra minutes (and the dreaded Jersey U-Turns) to get to the Circuit City, but once we did, it was totally worth it to see how excited Mark was to get his new toy! He set it up right away, in the bedroom, leaving the other TV out in the living room. It's so much fun to be able to watch telly before going to sleep, something we've missed for years.

After all of that Jersey time, I was in need of a city fix, so I rose early on Sunday to head over to CP for my Urban Run. Afterwards, I worked out a bit, then met Leezie and Sam. The three of us went to Cadence to watch Karl and Bec participate in an indoor trainer race, in which they battled eachother out on bikes attached to a Computrainer. It was pretty cool to watch, and I was happy for the chance to all get together. Then it was back to 'Boken for me, and Mark and I utilized our new, fancy, and BIG kitchen to make a meal of tilapia, quinoa, and salad. Yum!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Anxious to see you new digs and surroundings!!!