2.16.2009

Celebrating 30...


I had a wonderful birthday this year! We had such a great time celebrating in New Paltz last week that I was happy with keeping this weekend pretty low-key. But a few of my new mom friends had another idea in mind and we wound up partying into the wee hours of Saturday night/Sunday morning (yes, I was still awake at the hour I was born 30 years ago...3:06 a.m.).
I shouldn't say that the festivities were all for me..rather, we had gathered together for a Valentine's Day party. But once the babies went to bed, the parents played!
On Sunday morning at 8 sharp, Mark and I woke up a little groggy to a wide-awake Eamon, oblivious to the fact that we'd just gone to sleep four hours before! Mark let me snooze a little longer while he made a delicious brunch--coconut pancakes, poached eggs, and yogurt with granola, strawberries, and bananas.
Later on in the afternoon, we dropped E off at Leezie and Speed's and darted over to the movies. I had selected the oh-so uplifting Revolutionary Road, which I regretted about 30 minutes in. A great film, just SO depressing! I should have opted for He's Just Not Into You. Oh, well.
Thanks to all for your calls, messages, and nice words. Turning 30 wasn't so bad, after all!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: