11.10.2009

On the Run Again.

So, I've decided to train for a marathon. I know I'm crazy and I will probably kick myself in a few months for making this choice, but I needed something to motivate me to exercise throughout the winter. And by exercise, I mean run, because I don't belong to a gym and I can't really do anything else to stay in shape with Eamon always in tow. Plus, I love to run--and Eamon enjoys it, too. So why not up the mileage and see how my legs do over 26.2 miles, right?

I officially started training last week. So far, so good. I'm shooting to run in the 3:30-3:40 range at the Rock 'n Roll New Orleans marathon on February 28, so most of my runs are around or below 8-minute miles. I figure if I can hold this pace while pushing some 50-pounds of baby and stroller, I should be primed to run faster on my own.

We shall see. In the meantime, I'm getting excited about exploring new places to run. So far, I've hit Central Park and Prospect Park, and I'm thinking Liberty State is next. Hoboken is just too small to do more than five miles, and anywhere else around here requires hauling up some mega hills. I'll save that for a little later on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: