2.16.2011

Books go Pop!




Nothing brings more meaning to my role as a writer than to see the finished product in print. Especially when the final version is a beautifully colorful, engaging, and fun book for that Eamon can enjoy! Baby Animal Pop! is the first of five books I've written for National Geographic Children's Publishing. It is a 12" x 10", 96-page book exploring--what else?--baby animals. I provided the text for each animal, though I will say that the photos are what makes this books so special. Each animal appears in life-size form --right down to the pony and goat--courtesy of clever and fancy folding. You have to see it to believe it.

As excited as I was to share this with Eamon, I could not predict the reaction I received when he first held the book in his pudgy little hands. As he stared at the fuzzy white lamb on the cover, he said, "Oooh, beautiful!" Gotta love that kid.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

eileen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I especially like how they describe your writing in the overview,"captions highlight awesome animal features, and the gentle text is amusing and fun". Way to go!

Margie said...

Congrats!!! My dad often bought my kids Nat. Geo. books, he would be so impressed & proud that you are the person writing them now! Great job!