6.06.2006

Happy Hair

About six weeks ago, Mark and I happened to be walking by the Aveda Institute on Spring Street in Soho and I popped in to check out whether they do hair cuts after hearing Eileen's rave reviews about the A.I. in Kentucky. Sure enough, they do--for the nice price of $18--but getting an appointment ain't easy. I was on hold for about a half-hour before I could set a date, and when I did, it wasn't gonna happen for another month.

So, for the ensuing weeks, with my hair in desperate need of a trim, I avoided all impulses to step into a salon. I was totally holding out for my Aveda cut, and I'm glad I did. I got the most attentive treatment from a student named Vivian, who spent a good hour just cutting my hair (I swear, she was trimming lock by lock). Her instructor kept a watchful eye over the process, but it wasn't at all awkward or intrusive. Then I got a fabulous shampoo and a blow out that left my locks shining and bouncy. Did I mention this only cost me $18 (plus tip)?

I'd post a picture of my new hair, but let's just say that after my workout, the new 'do is now a don't...until I take a shower, that is.

Aveda Institute
233 Spring Street (212-807-1492)

No comments: