6.29.2006

Play-time

Thanks to my super-thoughtful new boss (her her generous publicist friend), Leezie and I were able to see Some Girl(s), A Neil Labute off-brodway play at the Lucille Lortel theatre---fah free! This theatre just so happens to be up the street from us, so I pass it every day on my way to work. And ever since the adverts went up for it back in January, I thought it would be a great thing to do with Leezie since she took me to my first Labute play, Fat Pig (also at the Lucille Lortel) last year. (We really went to see our BFFs Keri Russell aka Felicity, and Jeremy Piven, but the play turned out to be really good!)

I never got around to getting the tickets for us, but then suddenly, a pair ended up in my hands at the end of the day yesterday. So Leezie and I met in midtown and rode the train downtown to Christopher Street. We had a GREAT time at the play...it had a very witty plot (33-year-old who is about to get married decides to revisit four women he loved and left. As a teacher turned writer, he has already "used" them for material in his short stories for a magazine, and may or may not be using these visits for his next piece)...and the all-star cast was excellent.

A rundown of who was in the show:

Eric McCormack(Will from Will and Grace)
Maura Tierney (Abby from ER)
Fran Drescher (The Nanny!)
Judy Reyes (Scrubs)
Brooke Smith (You'll know her as Toni Collette's friend from In Her Shoes, or the kidnapping victim from Silence of the Lambs, who was forced to put the lotion in the basket...)

And the best part? I only had to walk two blocks to get home!

1 comment:

BecW said...

Sounds like fun! Did you happen to notice a drowned rat stopping for a quick breather under the theater's marquee before the show started? That was me. I got caught in the rain (and thunder and lightening) after going to see Worldplay on 6th avenue. I felt bad for having to run so close to the people dressed up for the theater!!