7.11.2006

Weekend Recap

Had a great weekend, but have no pics to show from it as I forgot my camera! (I know, shame on me.) Mark and I made yet another one of our late-night trips to D.C., strolling in to University Towers at the ripe ol' hour of 2 a.m. #716 is looking rather spiffy with brand-new carpet and fresh paint on the walls. We slept in Grandpop's office-turned guest bedroom. It's still a bit surreal to think that just last year he was sitting at that desk "workin'", but the 'rents have done a brilliant makeover to the entire apartment! We also got to see Ella, Jeanie, and Uncle Phil---Ella is soooo cute and starting to talk a bit in sentences (the first thing she asked me was, "Where's Mark?"). I wish I could have played with her all day, but it was time for her nap and time for us to go up to the farm. Uncle Joe and Stella were there, so we had a lovely evening that included (for me) a nice long bike ride to Emmitsburg (# of miles: 20; # of groundhogs: 4; # of roadkill: 3; # of mullets: 2) and then a delcious summery dinner. We headed back to Silver Spring the next morning to meet back up with Mark, watch the World Cup(s) (soccer and Bec's Tri), and dinner from the Chicken Place! Despite getting back to the apartment after midnight on Sunday, it was a very, very, very nice weekend.

No comments: