10.08.2006

Friday Night: Mark's Birthday Dinner


Carnivores delight at the Old Homestead, one of the meat-packing district's oldest restaurants and arguably the best steakhouse in town. And since Mark is a card-carrying member of the carnivore club, I figured this restaurant would be a fitting place to celebrate his birthday on Friday! I had to avoid the topic of his birthday for most of the week so I could create the illusion that I didn't have anything planned. Little did Mark know that I had arranged an evening at the "restaurant with the cow out front" (as he called it for a long time before we moved here). So we walked over there after work on Friday and enjoyed an amazing meal! My petit filet mignon with a side of mashed potatoes was delicious, and Mark loved his gotham rib steak! During dinner I surprised him with his actual present, which were tickets to the Redskins-Giants game on Sunday.

No comments: