4.12.2007

Fun times.

We had a great time celebrating Leezie's birthday last night at Havana alma de Cuba. Jackie, Tracy, Karl, Mark, Leezie and I had a room practically to ourselves as we enjoyed delicious Cuban food! I went with my standard, Pollo a la Maggie, which is chicken on top of plaintains, with peppers and onions, covered with a wine sauce (Mark says it tastes like chicken marsala). Can't go wrong with that. There was also aros con pollo, empanadas, chicken, lamb, and beef skewers and some other tasty delicacies. Havana has proved yet again why it's one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants!

The rain was starting to fall as we left and hasn't relented. I'm watching it come down in sheets from my perch 20 stories above 8th Avenue. April showers I can take. But a freezing cold monsoon? A move to Hawaii or St Thomas sounds very appetizing right now!

No comments: