5.21.2008

Off to a warner locale...

Tomorrow morning at 8 a.m., Mark and I will be flying the friendly skies down to sunny Florida, where we will spend Memorial Day weekend (and then some) with Jeanie and Uncle Phil. We're considering this our "babymoon" since it'll probably be the last time I get on a plane before F's arrival in August. I'm really looking forward to six whole days of relaxation and of course, spending time with J & UP.

Figuring out what to bring on this trip has been harder than usual...less and less of my usual clothes are fitting over my ever-growing bump. Forunately, I had the luxury of cherry picking Leezie's array of adorable maternity wear (thanks to her, I won't have to buy a thing this summer), so my suitcase is filled. Mark also bought me a very cute tankini yesterday...his great taste and zero reservations about shopping in a "lady's" store is just one of the many benefits of him having three sisters!

Though our car service will be arriving in about six hours, I'm considering pulling an all-nighter to get a little more work done before we go. The downside of being a freelancer is that there really is no such thing as a true vacation...if I don't work, I ain't getting paid. So there will be some writing happening this weekend, but hopefully it'll be conducted poolside!

Oh, in case I don't have a chance to give a proper shout-out closer in, GOOD LUCK to Bec this weekend at her next big race in Madrid. Or shall I say Buena suerte!

No comments: