5.11.2009

Mother's Day


My first mother's day was great! A while back, my friend Crystal (mom to the adorable Owen) suggested that we all do mom's day charity walk in Central Park. So, bright and early on Sunday morning (on 2.5 hours of sleep...more about that later!), we cruised into the Park and pushed our little guys around. Was so nice to be out there on a gorgeous morning with the great friends I've made over the past 9 months. Most of them then joined Mark and I for our first little gathering on our patio outside for the year...Mark slaved all morning on a sausage ring and scones, plus other goodies and we sat outside and ate and drank mimosas and bloody mary's for about four hours.

Afterwards, the 'rents, Leezie, Jack, and Sam came over for a bit on their way back from New Paltz. By that time, I was completely running on fumes...Mark and I had driven down and back to/from DC on Saturday and didn't get home until 3:30 a.m. We then had to try to get a wide-awake Eamon back to sleep (didn't happen until 4:15 a.m.) and get a few things together for the brunch. I closed my eyes at 4:30 and woke up at 6:30...so I completely crashed at 8 p.m. and slept until 7 this morning! It's been a while since I got more than six hours, but I guessed I needed it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: