9.20.2009

The Nation's Triathlon


This is a bit overdue, but I wanted to get these pictures up of last week's Nation's Triathlon (all taken by Mr. Flynn). We had a great time out there, although I probably could have used a few more hours in the pool and on the bike to have fully prepared myself. One does not win races on luck and running alone! Nonetheless, I didn't do SO bad, and I tried to stay positive even as the last 3 miles of the final 10K turned into a total sufferfest. But staying upbeat was easy to do, thanks to our big cheering squad--all of the Flynn's, my parents, the Gaffney's, the McGarr's--and it was so nice to see everyone and hear their cheers when I really needed them!

A big congrats to Mr. Gaffney, who finished 10th in his age group in his first-ever Olympic Distance triathlon! Amazing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: