12.07.2009

Holidays in Ho-Ho-Hoboken


Here are a few selects from our holiday party on Saturday. What was originally set to be a low-key "Ugly Sweater" gathering with a few Hoboken friends turned into a much livelier evening once the McFlynn crew decided to drive up from NoVa. They are such great friends! I then invited a few more of my local nearest and dearest and we wound up having around 16 people and 2 babies. Pretty much maximum capacity for our apartment.

Everything turned out well. We had a delicious array of apps including prosciutto cups with apple, crostini with goat cheese and fig compote, mini corn cakes and lemon thyme dip with winter crudites. That on top of Mark's most excellent Cincinnati-style chili. For desert, I made the same apple cake Ann baked for Thanksgiving, complete with the warm caramel glaze (yum!), and friends brought over some extra treats and snacks so we were well-satiated. Oh, and of course, the bar was stocked with cranberry and pear Bellini's, Cosmopolitans, beer and wine.

I really cannot take credit for anything, though, because I had some wonderful helpers. I put our guests to work! Kristen and MK pretty much spent the afternoon in the kitchen with me, but we had fun. And the good times continued until midnight! I'll be recovering from this one for a while. :-)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jeanie said...

It's so much fun to read your blog. You are the hostess with the mostest. What a great gathering that must have been. Now you can relax til it's time for Santa to come down the chimney.