2.07.2006

Maybe it's not the moon at all...

...I hear James Foley's shooting down the street...*

My walk home from the gym was a little more exciting than usual tonight. Mostly I spend this mile-long trek discussing dinner with Mark, chatting on my phone, or just keeping my chin tucked into my neck to avoid the icy wind off the Hudson. But tonight I walked right onto a big bucks Hollywood movie set. I know I should be over the excitement of seeing a movie set since it is New York after all, but I had done a little research and found out that this was the set for "Perfect Stranger," a James Foley movie starring Halle Berry, Bruce Willis, and Giovanni Ribisi. And, they happen to be filming down the street as I write this...if i open the window and crane my nexct some, I can actually see all the action live. Unfortunately, no sightings tonight. Just some extras and a guy dressed in black (it's a thriller..I assume many of the characters will be wearing black) running up the stairs in front of a brownstone.

So yeah, that's my big thrill for the night. I'm nursing a very sore tailbone (long story) and a few other ailments, so my track workout was pretty subpar. My training partner (and life partner...hah hah) is away at a client for the week, so I'm having a hard time mustering up motivation without him. I may even take the day off tomorrow and try to regroup on Thursday with a swim workout. Good thing there are still about 5 mos to go before the big race! Yikes.

I need to finish up some research for my next freelance piece (Want to know what your favorite snack says about you? I can tell you!) and give my life partner a call. (Sorry for using that rediculous label twice, but Bec had me laughing about the hippy "life partner" couples in New Paltz...so it's stuck in my head).

*(for those of you who don't have the Rent playlist on repeat on your iPod, that's a line borrowed--and slightly altered from the musical).

No comments: