8.14.2006

Sunday afternoon: Da Beach!

After THE most relaxing day EVER, I awoke to another beautiful morning, and an absolutely perfect beach day. Good thing I had plans to meet Patty in Manasquan, a tidy little beach town on the Jersey Shore. After leaving the city at 10:00 or so, I pulled up to the Manasquan train station by 11:30--just in time for a yummy lunch at a good ol' Jersey bagel shop. I opted for the tuna as opposed to the pork roll, egg, and cheese on a hard roll (a specialty introduced to me by Shannon my sophomore year in college) and we sat outside in the bright (but not blazingly hot) sunshine.

A little later, we made our way to the shore. After a battle for parking, we settled on a stretch of beach just outside Manasquan, technically Sea Girt. The beach was pristine, the ocean a deep topaz blue, and the breeze a lovely little tickle in our ears. Patty, a girl after my own heart, brought along her mom's Scrabble set, and we played 3/4 of a game before pooping out underneath her umbrella.

A little later on, I took off for my long journey to Ramsey. After rewarding myself with a Wendy's frostee (hey, it had been a loooong time!), I boarded the NJ Transit, then PATH trains before finally getting home around 9 to Mark, who was awaiting with dinner...

No comments: