1.25.2007

Bad blogger

OK, I admit it: I suck at blogging. I read my sisters' blogs and realize how mine just seems to slip through the cracks on most days. Maybe it's because I feel like I don't have anything amazing to report. Or maybe it's because I don't really have the time with my crazy, 55-hour-plus-a-week job. Actually, it's probably a little bit of both. But I vow to get better...starting now.

Like Bec, I've been all alone by the telly-phone for the past week or so. Mark's at a client up in Wappinger Falls, NY (home of our slightly bizarre, but memorable pre-wedding retreat for the Catholic Church. Yikes. Still can't believe we did that! Ask me about the Old Priest and the Orgies story one day). He can come home on the weekends, but is gone Monday-Friday, leaving me with less structue in my days since I don't have the urge to scoot home from work to see him. Meaning, I've been staying at work pretty late (9:45 last night...an all-time high--or would that be a low?!), trying to meet my deadlines and stay on top of the tasks that come to me on an hourly basis like rapid fire. I've also joined the morning shift at the gym twice this week, so all-in-all, I feel pretty productive. Not to say I don't get things done when Mark's around, but I guess I just have less fun things to do, so more time for the not-so-fun, like getting up at 5:30 a.m.

Speaking of being productive, on a whim, I ran my first half-marathon on Sunday. Despite the subzero temps and the fact that I'm not trained to run 13.1 miles, it was still a great experience. I might just do another one and actually try to run as opposed to a slow, old lady jog! But it may not be for a lonnnng time!

1 comment:

wfa said...

It's not an issue of "sucking at blogging." It's really just a frequency thing. Maybe you simply need to make a little more "down time" at work.