1.31.2007

SPACE INVADER

What’s up with people who can’t respect the idea of personal space? This morning in my cafeteria, I get in line and the woman behind me starts creeping. I moved forward six inches, she took a foot forward. I move another step, she’s right up on my shoulder. I barely had the receipt for my scone in my hand when she’s already telling the cashier she’s having “an egg white omelette and a piece of toast.” And I know she wasn’t in a huge rush because a few minutes later I saw her in the kitchen on my floor making lazily making herself some coffee! Maybe she just liked the scent of my warm vanilla sugar body spray?!?

On another note, I made it to the gym by 6:15 this morning! Go me! Maureen and I did a nice workout suggested by Bec. I feel pretty good running the faster stuff, so we'll see how I fare at the 4-miler I'm signed up for on Sunday.

No new restaurants to report. Last night I had meetings until 10 and resigned to having bread (well, challah) and butter for dinner. It wasn't half bad. Hmmm, on that kind of diet, I'd do well in the State Pen!

1 comment:

BecW said...

I had a space invader experience at the post buffet meal spin at the copacabana. this lady reached around me backwards to grap a piece of cheese (with her hands, not the tongs). kinda threw me off. later, i saw her deposit her gross used plate on the buffet table, next to the guy carving the turkey. another weirdo new yorker.