3.01.2007

The Way Normal People Live

Last night, I made it my mission to have a normal person’s night. This meant leaving work at 6:15 (not 9), going to the grocery story (not the gym; took care of that earlier in the day), cooking dinner (not ordering pad thai for the 11th night in a row), and doing laundry (not letting the clothes pile up in a mountain that rivals Everest). Mission accomplished! As Bec would say, it was “pencils down” at 6:10, then I went straight to D’ags for some fixins, and scooted home by 7:10. I threw two loads of laundry in while prepping citrus chicken (a recipe I got from Quick & Simple, a low-budget Hearst weekly). By the time Mark got home, I had plated the chicken (flanked by asparagus sauteed with lemon and pepper, green beans, and brown rice) as the laundry tumbled in the dryer. Just call me June Cleaver!

We then watched all of the Wednesday night TV we could handle (how bad was Antonella Barba on Idol? She better get the boot tonight--I’ve lost even more respect for her now that I heard that some of her “racy” pictures were taken in the World War II Memorial fountain in DC! Isn't that a crime? Somebody arrest her! And it's nice to see she’s making the most of her surroundings while at CUA!). I was asleep by 11:15 (early!) with the hopes of getting up and going to the gym with Karl this morning. That mission wasn’t as successful—I didn’t quite make Karl’s 6:05 calltime, but I did get there by 6:45 and managed to log 6 miles of decently-paced running, plus abs. Slowly but surely, I’m getting back into a “training” mentality!

No comments: