5.29.2007

Weekend Wonderful




We spent a lovely Memorial Day weekend in the DC area, first surprising Mother for her birthday. M, D, and I (mark was golfing with chuck) hit DC to see "Once", a PHENOMENAL movie at the E Street Theatre and then grabbing dinner at Matchbox, one of my favorite DC Pizza Places in Chinatown. The next days were mostly spent with Ella, Philip III, and Aleta! We hit up the University Towers Pool, made a go at a pinnick in Kemp Mill Park before a threatening thunderstorm turned us around, and then went up to the Farm, where Uncle Joe and Stella were, on Monday. I introduced Ella to one of my favorite childhood past times: unturning stones and bricks around the Farm and looking for creepy crawlers. In total, we found about five earth worms, 10 potato bugs, 1 caterpillar, and some other bugs that only Ella (who doesn't really know any better) or I (who, as many of you know, I have a weird fascination with bugs) would touch.

1 comment:

swaaleta said...

I really love the picture of us and the bugs-I recognized it right away-Love Ella