10.26.2008

Fall fun in New Paltz








This morning, Eamon and I, plus Keren and her friends Richard and Alex hauled up the road for an idyllic fall day in New Paltz. First, we hit up a local orchard for some PYOP (that's pick your own pumpkins in orchard-speak) where I found a beautifully-hued and shaped pumpkin that is probably way too big to successfully carve--I might just keep it uncarved since it's so pretty. After that, we made a visit to Rose Lane, where we hung with Bec, John, and Karl. The house looks as beautiful as ever, especially against a background of a cloudless blue sky and picture-perfect color on the trees.

The ride home was a bit intense, as we hit some major snags due to Sunday evening traffic. Add a very hungry (and LOUD) baby to the mix, and you've got a pretty, um, eventful ride. Thank goodness for Keren, who pulled a Chinese Fire Drill with me and got in the driver's seat as I jumped in the back to feed/console E (we were hardly moving). He was fine after a bit and we eventually made it back in one piece. Just another day in the life with a ten-week-old!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos! Eamon's outfit is so cute, your outfit is so cute (love the boots!), and the setting looks just like the autumn that I'm longing for here in San Diego, but will never see.

God I miss the seasons...