7.06.2009

Autism Speaks 5K


Bright and early Saturday morning, Sissy and I met at the Autism Speaks 5K in Potomac. I tried to ignore the fact that we stayed out late drinking margaritas on Friday night and figured I'd just go out and run as best as I could for a good cause.

The course was hilly and I felt the cold I'd been fighting all week, but managed to hang tough for a chip time of 21:19. Wishing now I would have picked it up a little bit to break 21:00, but considering my lack of preparation, I'm OK with my 7:00-mile pace. Sissy did great and is all but back to normal after her big ACL surgery last year. It was great to start the race with her and to see her at the finish line...living across the country from eachother, we have to cherish the moments we can spend together!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

cristinaanderik said...

so fun running that race with you! lets do it again!