1.07.2008

Dinner Party!


Over the weekend, we hosted some friends for our very first dinner party in 1002 Washington Street! Fretting about "where everyone was going to sit," I scoured Craigs List on Friday looking for a potential dining room table--we needed one, anyway. I found one nearby and dragged Mark out early Saturday morning to pick it up. It's not the fanciest thing ever, but looks very nice in the red room, which is now a dining room--not a junk room/hallway!

I picked up some table decor on post-holiday clearance and dressed up the table in golds and blues (courtesy of our big, blue plates). I was more proud of the table than of my meal--the chicken parm was decent, but didn't seem to win the crowd over. But with plenty of wine on the table and a delicious bread, courtesy of a real pastry chef (Sara, Keren's friend), everyone was well satiated!

I'm excited that we can now have people over for meals without using our laps as a table! Does this mean we've officially grown up?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: