1.31.2008

Digging Out

I wish I could say we're digging out from a major snow storm but alas, still no major wintry weather has descended upon NYC. Instead, I'm emerging from a flurry of stomach flu-related woes that hit me rather suddenly on Tuesday night. I went to the Urban Run feeling fine and, four-plus miles of fairly easy running later, I felt like I'd been punched a million times in the gut. Chalking it up to a typical runner's stomach ache, I made my way home and to bed--where I stayed for the next 24 hours (give or take all those trips to the bathroom, but I'll spare you those details).

Fortunately, I had a very adoring caretaker in Mark who got up with me at 12, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 a.m. as I, well, hurled (is that TMI? Sorry!) to rub my back and get me ice cubes. And last night he stocked up our gatorade and ginger ale supply and brought me soup and saltines (could only eat the crackers, unfortunately). I'm very lucky to have him, and all of the other loving people in my life who checked in on me throughout the day!

I'm doing much better today, but still not 100%, though I know these things need to run their course. So I'm letting it do just that and keeping a low-pro for the next day. Let's hope I can rally by the weekend, as there are some birthday (Keren's) and Superbowl (Go Giants!) festitives going on that I don't want to miss!

No comments: