8.12.2008

Ahh...the joys of city living

So somewhere between West 12th Street in NYC and 10th Street in Hoboken on Sunday, someone backed into our car, leaving a lovely dent in the hood (and of course, no note). We went to get an estimate today were told it's going cost about a grand to fix--instead of popping it out, they would replace the hood and repaint the side panels. Which all seems a bit exorbitant if you ask me, but I guess it's more complicated of job than simply popping it out. At least that's what the folks at Ziggy's autobody want us to believe.

While pondering the estimate, the mechanic took one look at me and advised that we save our money for "Similac and Pampers" instead of forking over the dough for the dent and some unrelated scratches on the back bumper (that's what you get for parking on the street!). I had to agree--$1000 can buy you a lot of baby gear. Still, that means we have to live with the unsightly mark for the time being, or at least until F is born. Dented or not, we're going to need a car for that inevitable trip to NYU; there's no way I'm taking PT to the hospital!

1 comment:

swaaleta said...

All I can say is "It's always something"... I'm sorry to hear about your car, I know how important it is between baby coming and needing to take baby home! We are thinking of you all and are waiting on pins and needles for news... we check the blog everyday- how silly I know, like you'll be bloggin' at that time... All our love...