8.04.2008

Officially in countdown mode!

This week kicks off the official Countdown to Baby Flynn. Yes, I know we've been counting down for like 9 months now, but starting this week the real clock-watching begins. That's because I've retired as Sam's nanny and I'm officially Hoboken-bound, ready and waiting for the little guy to start making his way into this world. (As a reminder of when that may happen, I've installed a little countdown window on the right of this screen. Of course, that'll all be null and void if I'm, say, a week overdue, but at least it gives a semi-decent estimate!)

I'm actually pretty sad about relinquishing my nanny duties. Not only was Sam really fun to hang out with, but being with him gave me ample opportunity to walk around, see people, start my day bright and early, and structure my work around his naptime. Now, I'm back to structuring my own day, which means I may or may not spend a solid hour or two on Facebook before actually tackling some assignments. But seeing that I have nothing but time on my hands as I play the waiting game, I should be able to get a lot of work done. Well, here's to hoping!

It's probably better off that I'm not braving the various modes of NYC pub. transportation in my 38th week, anyway. I'd hate to be that woman who went into labor on the subway (and subsequently gave birth on the platform)...so home, sweet, home it is for now!

No comments: