4.23.2009

Aruba recap






We're back from Aruba, still basking in the amazing glow we gained during our stay on the island--and I'm not just talking about our (slight) tan. The trip was truly a tropical getaway, offering the perfect mix of adventure (kitesurfing, biking, and snorkeling) and relaxation (lounging on the beach and a hot stone massage). We also had the perk of hanging out with some great ladies (and one guy)--all part of the press trip, each with an interesting job (or jobs) and plenty of stories to keep us entertained and laughing all four days.


Kitesurfing (the purpose of me being there was to learn the sport and write about it) was, well, HARD and I can't say I did more than master the beginner steps. Not sure if it was my lack of coordination or just a fear that I'd get ripped 20 feet in the air by the kite (on my first go, I did shoot straight up and land...hard...though it was pretty awesome to get some air), but I never felt quite comfortable out there. Maybe if we had a few more tries I'd at least get up on the board for more than the five seconds I managed to be upright! Still, it was all very fun and I loved just attempting something new.


Lots of pics below! Enjoy!




No comments: