3.08.2006

The World is Getting Smaller

When I moved to New York, I knew I'd meet tons of new people. But little did I know that I'd be randomly reaccquainted with friends from the past who I haven't seen (or spoken to) in years!

This city has brought me a new friend and training partner in a girl who I first met in 2nd grade. My homecoming date from 10th grade was in my living room on Saturday night. And on Monday, a superstar swimmer and runner from the Y and Whetstone and Watkins Mill started work as an NYRR account manager, and her office is just steps away from mine.

Many people come to New York to escape their past. But apparently, I'm here to embrace mine!

2 comments:

BecW said...

Hi, speaking of "ha-wet stone" I'm hoping to meet up w/ chrissy g. & maren out here in San Diego. They'll appreciate your recent run-ins!

BecW said...

Hi, speaking of "ha-wet stone" I'm hoping to meet up w/ chrissy g. & maren out here in San Diego. They'll appreciate your recent run-ins!