7.19.2007

Early Bird Gets the Bagels!

I managed to join Karl for a lovely bike ride in the park this morning. While my natural waking up time is generally 9 a.m. (pathetic, I know), this morning I re-wired my brain to rise at 5:10. (OK, so I hit snooze a couple of times and didn’t actually get out of bed until 5:25). Granted, Karl did have to call a few times before I got my butt in gear, but the point is, I did it. Perhaps she can train me to be an early bird after all—it does feel great to be so accomplished before 7:30 a.m.!

We rode together for most of the time, then somehow managed to separate on the ride home as we practiced the somewhat scary steep hill right after the transition area in Riverside Park. 25 miles later, I was home with fresh bagels for a sleepy Mark, plus a nice big iced coffee for me!

Thanks to Karl for motivating me...she is going to ROCK the elite age-group race this weekend!

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Go Wassner girls! We will be waiting to hear what happens.