7.10.2007

York for the Day



Given my more flexible schedule these days, I'm trying to do the things I always wished I had time to do when I was toiling away in the office. One of these things is to go down and visit Aleta and the kids in York, which i did yesterday. I got up extra early, loaded up six hours worth of Sports Junkies podcasts (Mark's got me totally hooked on them; it's such a boy show, but for some reason I like it!) and coasted down to PA, making it there by noon. We had a lovely afternoon, including a picnic outside (in the shade!) provided by Aleta, and soccer with Ella. She's a natural--at 3, I think she already has more hand-eye coordination than I do!

Philip III, as always, was a perfect little guy, smiling and playing, scooting along on the ground and...most importantly...not crying! He is the happiest baby!

Despite running into the dreaded stoppage on RT 78 (They've seriously been doing road work for decades), I made it home by 9. Another great day trip!

No comments: