7.17.2007

Steve & BIGGIES

Mark and I ended up in Manhattan Mall last night (don't ask me how...I usually shudder just thinking about stepping foot in the midtown abyss!), where I finally checked out Sarah Jessica Parker's newish clothing line, Bitten. The line's sold exclusively at Steve & Barry's, which I'm told is a big deal on midwestern college campuses as they sell cheap T's. As I found out last night, they also sell cheap pants, shorts, skirts, shoes, bathing suits, and bags--all tenderly designed, or at least selected (supposedly) by Miss Carrie Bradshaw herself. While the merchandise itself is definitely not lacking (there are racks and racks of the stuff), the sizes are. In a very un-SJP-style, everything--I mean EVERYTHING--in the store is HUGE. I'm talking sizes XXL and 24. At first I thought I was in the plus size department, but then I figured all of the tourists must've snapped up the smaller sizes because there was nary a small ANYTHING in the entire store. Steve & Barry's? More like Steve & BIGGIES!

No comments: