12.06.2007

After all of my griping about the bus, it turned out to be just fine. Had a seat to myself and was delighted to hear that all Washington Deluxe busses are equipped with free wireless connections, so I played a little Scrabulous, watched some YouTube, etc.(didn't get much work done, though). Imagine--im'ing and emailing on the Jersey Turnpike! I've really been missing out toting around that old relic of a laptop with zero battery and the external (and tempermental) wireless card. Working on the new Sony Vaio I bought last week makes a world of difference and I feel so much more productive!

I've been having a great time at the O'Connells of Kentlands over the past couple of days. I accompanied Stella and Sissy to Montgomery Mall today where Sophie and Lucy met--and were subsequently freaked out by--a very real-looking Santa. The picture is priceless: Lucy just about to cry and Sophie already in hysterics. But they were quite adorable in their Christmas plaid dresses, and seem to be fashionistas-in-training (Lucy got hold of my purse, threw it over her arm, and carried it around all day).

Tonight, Sissy, Corinne and I ate dinner at Guapo's (where we were waited on by a woman who worked there back when we were hostesses....that's, uh, like ten years!) then saw American Gangster. Good ol' Rio has gotten a bit of a facelift but is still the same for the most part. Just a lot more built up. The movie was excellent.

Back on the bus tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: