12.09.2007

Christmas Time is Here...


Got in a lot of spirited holiday fun over the weekend. Started off with a visit from Mark's aunt Elaine, in town from Herndon on a NYC tour. She had some free time, so we met her in Rockefellar Center (briefly caught a glimpse of the big tree between my gripes about how freaking crowded it was), then took her down to the Village. We had a great lunch by the fireplace at Dublin, then walked down to Jaques Torres (aka heaven for a chocolate lover like me), then to Washington Square Park. These pics were taken by the tree below the Arch.

After we parted ways with Elaine, who was on her way to see the Lion King, we swung by Leezie's to have a quick visit with our favorite nephew. Mark, the baby whisperer, held him the entire time, leaving me a bit jealous! Hah! I guess I have to get all of my Sam time in during the week while Mark is at work!

We then met up with Keren, got a burger at Stand, then saw the most disturbing movie: Before the Devil Knows Your Dead. It's one of about 100 movies Philip Seymour Hoffman is currently starring in. I had no clue that it was one of those films that has characters who start off in an awful way and just continue to spiral downward until the credits roll and you are so uncomfortable and sad and angry at them for being so stupid that you want to beat someone up. It's actually a fine movie, but just not the dramedy I was seeking, I guess.

We hoofed it back to Hoboken and I rose early this morning to make it to the Urban Run. I did my thing there and at Chelsea Piers, and then met Mark to go find a Christmas Tree! We wound up at Home Depot and got a bargain on a beautiful noble fir tree that's about 7' tall. Our biggest one yet. It smells great and is putting me in the Christmas spirit bigtime...let's just hope I can get my act together to do all of the various holiday projects I'm hoping to do before the 25th...

p.s. I realize I haven't posted any pics of our new digs, but you can at least see a partial view of the living room in the Christmas Tree shot...



Posted by Picasa

No comments: