12.05.2007

Bussin' It

Tomorrow morning I'm braving the bus for the first time in over a year. After being spoiled by a professional driver (Mark) for nearly every trip down to MD, I've lost my fondess for public transportation. But since I'd rather get some work done during the trip than stress over bad drivers and big trucks on the Jersey Turnpike, I just reserved a seat on Vamoose. (Let's hope they have a better movie than My Cousin Vinnie, which was played on both trips last time I took the bus. I know I just mentioned I have to get work done, but the only thing worse than a bad movie is a bad old movie, even if it is just playing in the background!)

I'll just be home for a few days, mostly to see Sissy, S&L, my 'rents, and to celebrate a belated birthday with Corinne. They all had a wild night on her actual birthday this past weekend, and I missed out. Although at the same time I was watching the spectacle that was the Woggle show at Maxwell's, I have a feeling that it just wasn't the same kind of fun.

Every time I get a little antsy about my job sitch (and what freelancer doesn't?), I gotta remember days like these where I can just pack up and go anywhere I wanna on a whim. No complaints here--even though I do have to go LB and take the bus once in a while.

No comments: