2.01.2008

A new month, a new day

After falling asleep last night fearing that I had somehow caught a cold on top of everything else, I woke up this morning feeling FINE. A bit tired, but no stomach ache! As a matter of fact, no aches or pains at all! My mysterious sniffles that arrived last night have seemed to disappate as well, so hopefully all forms of illness have left my body. Whoo hoo. (Now, if only Mark could be so lucky, he rose this morning feeling like there were "knives in his throat"...ouch. But, being the tough guy that he is, he made it all the way to Stamford and is currently slaving away at work).

Speaking of work, tonight I will be doing a bit of intrepid reporting at one of the most exciting track & field events of the year, the Millrose Games at the Garden! Karl, my trusty photog, will join me and hopefully we'll get some good stuff out of it. At the very least, we'll see some awesome races--the track geek in me is jumping for joy as I write this--some of the world's best like Bernard Lagat, Craig Mottram, Kara Goucher, and more will be battling it out on the custom-made 200y banked track tonight. We went last year and were blown away by the competition. Can't imagine that tonight will be any different.

It's a great way to kick off my favorite month--lots of fun stuff is happening over the next 29 days, so I'm glad I got my winter sickness out of the way in time!

No comments: