1.31.2006

Not too Shabby...

I was just under 80% accurate on my Oscar nomination predictions. I really struggled on best supporting actress...honestly, I just wasn't that impressed by Catherine Keener in Capote and like most of the world, I hardly heard anything about Junebug so Amy Adams didn't even cross my radar screen. (Although since she did some guest spots on the Office, I think that means I automatically have to like her!) Here are the actual nominations. My wrong picks are in red.

BEST PICTURE
Brokeback Mountain
Walk the Line
Capote
Good Night and Good Luck
Crash

BEST ACTOR
Joaquin Phoenix
Heath Ledger
Philip Seymour Hoffman
David Strathairn
Terrence Howard

BEST ACTRESS
Reese Witherspoon
Felicity Huffman
Judi Dench
Gwynneth Paltrow
Charlize Theron
Keira Knightley


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jake Gyllenhaal
Don Cheadle
George Clooney

Paul Giamatti
Matt Dillion
Wiliam Hurt

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Michelle Williams
Rachel Weisz
Frances McDormand
Catherine Keener
Amy Adams
Scarlett Johannsen

Shirley MacLaine
Laura Linney

DIRECTOR
Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain)
Woody Allen (Matchpoint)
Peter Jackson (King Kong)
Steven Spielberg (Munich)
George Clooney (Good Night and Good Luck)
Bennett Miller (Capote)
Paul Haggis (Crash)

No comments: