1.30.2006

Weekend Recap


What do you do with 48 commitment-free hours? A whole lotta everything. And that’s just what we did over this past weekend. Mark and I kicked off the weekend with a post-work swim workout on Friday (who needs happy hour when you’ve got a pool?), then we parted ways for our dueling girls’/boys’ night out/in. I jetted off to the lower east side to meet Keren, Nandita, and Meghan (all former NG employees) at Stanton Social, while Mark stayed in the comfort of our apartment, and thanks to the marvels of modern day technology, was able hang with his boys who are spread around the country. (At the risk of making them sound like huge dorks, I won’t mention exactly what they were doing!)

Despite our respective late evenings, we managed to get up on an absolutely gorgeous Saturday morning to go for a 5 mile run down to Battery Park and back. New Yorkers hit the outdoors en masse, all taking full advantage of the 60-degree weather and sunshine. We made it back just in time to meet up with Patty at the gym. She and I struggled through a hip-hop class (brought back memories of me trying out for cheerleading in 8th grade—I need to face the fact that I’ll never be able to successfully execute a choreographed dance), ran a few laps, and sweated it out in the sauna. Then we went over to Dublin on Hudson where we were joined by Karl. We broke into Patty’s brand new Scrabble set and proceeded to battle it out for the next few hours. Guess who won?

The clouds and rain rolled in on Sunday, making for the perfect lazy day. But I had promised myself that I’d try out the 1 1/2-hour spin class at the gym, so I ambled over to the gym and met Karl for it. At the time, the class didn’t feel so hard. Today, however, I’m feeling a bit of the burn.

After walking home in the rain and running into Ed Norton outside the Spotted Pig, we had a nice lunch at Le Gamin. Mark and I then retreated into our apartment, where the draw of a track meet, tivo’d Oprah, and the SAG awards were enough to keep me in front of the telly for the rest of the evening.

No comments: