4.12.2006

Broadway Bound


Thanks to our extremely generous, talented, and handsome brother-in-law, Speed (did I mention he's smart and funny, too?), Mark and I will be attending the brand new musical comedy The Wedding Singer tonight. Yep, as in the hilarious Adam Sandler movie from which I still proudly own the CD (circa 1998). I debated over going all-out in 80's garb for the occasion (I probably could have pulled it off: After all, leggings are back in!), but I decided in the end to leave the puffy shirt, hairspray, and acid washed micro-mini at home.

Here's the rundown of the show. I'll post my (presumably glowing) review tomorrow!

In The Wedding Singer it’s 1985 and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart is New Jersey's favorite wedding singer. He’s the life of the party—until his own fiancĂ©e leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding he plays as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. Only trouble is Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and unless Robbie can pull off the performance of the decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever. With a brand new score that pays loving homage to the pop songs of the 1980’s, The Wedding Singer takes us back to a time when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up, and a wedding singer just might be the coolest guy in the room.

1 comment:

BecW said...

Have fun!! How was LA?? Where are the promised stories?