4.19.2006

London, Day II

Things are going very well here today. The expo flew by amazingly quick, and I made it back to the hotel with plenty of time to go for a long, leisurely run. I took off from Tower Bridge and followed the Thames past London Bridge, eventually crossing over the Millenium Bridge, kept going past the London Eye, and crossed back over the river to catch a view of Big Ben and the Parliament. Then I ran through St. James Park to Buckingham Palace, then through the mall to Picadelly Circus and kept going 'til I hit Oxford Circus. Found Shelley's, the shoe store Leezie recommended, plus many other shops, and ended my run/tour there. Shelley's had some great shoes but since they were closing, I didn't have time to try anything on. I've made a mental note to return later this week. It was completely dark by then, so instead of reversing my run, I just hopped on the Tube and made my way back to Tower Hill.


Phew!

Now it's off to dinner and then back to do some work.

No comments: