4.18.2006

London, Day I

I arrived into London Heathrow bright and early this morning, only to be roadblocked by a excruciatingly long line at customs (about an hour wait in all). After grabbing my luggage, exchanging my money, and hailing a cab, I checked into my hotel around 10:00 a.m. (Meaning, it was 4 a.m. for me, so I was barely functioning). I'm exhausted, but am heeding the advice of my chatty (and travel savvy) cabbie who said to "put away your bits and pieces, take a shower, and go for a walk to get some oxygen in your lungs. But no matter what--don't go to sleep." So, I'm fighting off the urge to sink my head into one of the many pillows on this king-sized bed and instead am about to jump in the shower. Then, I'll venture over to Tower Bridge (only about 20 feet away), before heading out to the Docklands for expo setup. Tonight, I will probably do a bit of work and try to get to bed early so I can catch up with the clocks over here.

A couple of photos from my room are below. Will check in later!

1 comment:

BecW said...

Have fun this week! You aren't going to jump into the race, are you?