4.25.2006

There and Back

Back from London. And instead of kitschy souvenirs (after much hesitation, I decided against the Mind the Gap thong), I returned home with a cold--but I'm happy to be back. The trip was really fun, I met some great people and got to mingle a bit with some elite athletes. If I were a true track nerd, I'd be rattling off all of the "celebrities" I met/saw over the weekend, but since there is about a 1% chance that anyone is going to know who these people are, I'll just say it was pretty cool to breathe the same air as current world record holders and Olympic gold medalists.

The fun was amped up by the arrival of Mark on Friday. While I worked at the expo, he toured--and managed to snag us tickets to Moving Out on Saturday. (Review TK). We had some delicious meals, walked a lot, and basked in the glow of being on holiday (albeit a very short one for him). Sadly, it seems I left my cord for my camera at the hotel, so all of my pictures are locked away right now. But they'll be posted as soon as I get a replacement.

But it's great to be back. I haven't seen the sun for at least four days, so waking up to it was a wonderful welcome! And I'm happy to be able to catch up on my beloved telly--BBC just didn't do it for me.

No comments: