6.14.2007

AMC (Another Martha Creation)

Last night I ventured back into the pages of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food searching for another easy-yet-delicious dinner to make for our guest, Nandita. With the help of Bec, who offered me insight, fresh herbs from their overflowing garden, and a ride out to Paramas, Jersey* (where we shopped at Trader Joe's--at suburban prices!), I decided to tackle Martha's recipes for penne with grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella plus the orange and avocado salad. Both came out well (thanks to Mark for his fine grilling and chopping skills), and the Wassner/Heppolette parsley, oregano, rosemary, and chives added lovely flavor to the pasta dish. For dessert, I topped vanilla ice cream with mango and fresh mint. Such a fun, summery meal!

*Why were Bec and I in Paramas, my most unfavorite place in all of Jersey? I joined her on a quick trip to scout out a couch at Crap in a Bucket (as she calls it), which was a floor model and unfortunately hadn't worn well. And after we hit up Trader Joes, we put our perishables in a cooler, and stopped at the track at Teaneck High School for a workout! I did half of it (8x200 instead of Bec's 8x400). A very accomplished day all in all!

No comments: